One man's comments on everything


Monday, March 1, 2010

The reading

I used to read a lot when I was younger , much younger. Untill I was about 24. I read anything: Storybooks, newspapers, magazines, you name it - I read it. Then the urge disappeared. I think it is the right brain that started kicking in. The bigger picture. Books bore me. I will read short articles and news worthy news. Nowadays I read the newspapers on the internet.
But then a few years ago my wife starting reading a book to me whenever we drive for longer than an hour
So it was that I "heard"   "The language of God" A book about the human genome -stunning stuff - no dogmas here, just plain facts.  And this weekend she started reading   "The shack" to me. At first I found it quite boring but as she went on I really started  to enjoy it.( It is not for the feint hearted)  About half way through now and I am starting to think this is a must for everyone calling themselves Christians.  It is about exactly that : Get rid of the dogmas you grew up with and start thinking for yourself.
One other quote I would like to repeat from the book " A bird was meant to fly , not to walk - they do not walk easily because their feet was not made for that purpose ! "
What were you made for ?  Just think on that one - no more no less !

No comments: