One man's comments on everything


Thursday, July 29, 2010

Funny people and vegetarians

It always amuses me when people that live alternative lifestyles find it necessary to make excuses for their preferences. Like Vegetarians and people that do not drink alcohol.  Maybe it is a natural defense mechanism, like in attack before you get attacked.

In most of these cases you will also find that these persons will attack lifestyles that differ from theirs
(that is once they are comfortable with the fact that they have the upper hand by their initial excuses for  not conforming.   Whoever told them they have to explain their preferences?  I do not explain mine.
I have a saying that annoys some of these friends of mine : "I did not get to the top of the food chain by eating grass!"
Please note that I am calling them friends because I have never found it necessary in commenting on their preference of veggies and fruit - hell I even eat some of the stuff myself ! ( sometimes anyway when I run low on the meaty stuff. )

Why am I writing this /  I beg of you to leave my milk, eggs and meat alone - I do not believe the world is going to end because of this ( I do think there is more chemicals and pesticides in veggies than what you will find in good red meat anyway)

Now we can get into the arguments if you wish. I am going to state some beliefs that I will defend to the ends of the earth and because of this stop trying to get me to belief otherwise !

1. Butter is better than margarine.
2. Good red meat is good for you.
3. Red wine is very good for you.
4. When you eat , enjoy it , do not count the calories - It is food not maths you are having
(quote from the bible : Eat your food and drink your wine with gusto)

Oh and by the way - more than 90% of people will agree with me - how do I know ?
This week we had a business breakfast. 34 attendees. 30 chose the farmhouse breakfast - 4 chose the so called health breakfast.   Farmhouse consisted of bacon, eggs, and boerewors.  Health consisted of some fruit and Yogurt (by the way not vegetarian yogurt)

Let us leave the arguments and enjoy what you enjoy and leave the arguments to the scientists who think they know more.  

No comments: