One man's comments on everything


Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The wonder of special days

There are only a few special days in everyone's life.  These can be their birthday, their spouse's birthday, Christmas, Aniversaies y and one or two others.   Political days does not do it for me. So called childrens day, womens day , mothers day , fathers day, Sundays, and other days ending with "Y" does not do it for me either.
I have just experienced a birthday and found that this in all probability is the one special day in the year that stands out for me and I think for most other people.  Why would this be ?

Well for one it places the focus squarely on You / Me for that day.  Some family, mostly friends make you feel special by phoning you, emailing you, make a note on your facebook wall or send you an SMS.  I know her birthday makes my wife bloom. She will even phone some friends and say " Hi happy birthday to me"

Some people will make Christmas / Sundays/ some political days out to be their most precious days. I think they are just trying to impress someone with their "attempted holiness" or "Pretentious patriotism".  You can say what you like but the only thing that really makes people bloom is the spotlight when it is on them.

Come on, be honest with yourself - Am I right or am I right.?   You are welcome to differ from me but as I always say: Everyone has the right to his own opinion even if it is wrong !

No comments: