One man's comments on everything


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The parable of the cauliflower

I think a lot of people can relate to this. You have been trying to get some business up and running and nothing seems to be working.  You put in massive actions and efforts and still nothing happens. People will tell you what you sow you will reap. Yea right ! Of course you have to plant or sow to get fruits or veggies.
It will not just come up if there are no seeds in the ground . Nice Metaphores. It works for some people and somehow it does not do for others.

This happened to us the past year. Every thing we try just does not seem to work. And I mean we were sowing. Putting in effort. Marketing. You name it and we did it.  Ok the economy got the blame. And then some!

A few months ago my son gave me a pallet of cabbage plants. They looked a bit pathetic.  He had it for a while and did not get around to planting it.  So I took it and after about a week I thought I might just put this in the ground.  Initially it looked liked it is not going to make it. Then the rains came and suddenly a lot of leaves grew like mad.  We starting harvesting the leaves and using it in salads and cooking them. It actually tastes quite nice.  But no cabbage - just very nice leaves.

About Sunday last I was as usually walking around admiring the garden and the cabbage leaves. And then
I saw it: One of these"cabbages" had actually produced a cauliflower.  Small but it was there.  And it is growing as if is getting paid!.  None of the others have followed suit.  Just one single cauliflower!

This is the parable :  You cannot keep on sowing and planting and then nothing will happen.  For me this was the answer:  Do not give up - something big will soon happen - and it has started happening !

Keep watching this post !

No comments: