One man's comments on everything


Sunday, March 6, 2011

The positive vs the negative

As a South African in the white community one is subjected to all sorts of negativeness amongst once's friends and others, nowadays even from the black community.   This is partly driven by the negativeness in the press, especially the Afrikaans Press.  My previous post about the "bomb" was done purely to make this point.  
We do not read wide enough.  Most international newspapers are available on the internet.  If you were asked today:"what is going on in the Middle East?"  What would be your referal framework ?  The SA newspapers.  I am prepared to take anyone on in a bet that will prove that you do not know.

The Washington Post for example has an interactive map of the region - telling you exactly what is going on when you click on any country there.  This just enables one to be up to date on what is happening - It is not the next thing that will happen over here ! ( I am not punting the Washington Post )

For goodness sake !  Get your mindset right before you go for the negative thoughts ! If you plan to leave why are you still here ? If you plan to stay I have news for you : This is a great country ! I am staying and it is not that I do not have a choice. I just chose right !

No comments: