One man's comments on everything


Thursday, June 16, 2011

Americanized junk

In my social media and online marketing connections and activities I  often come accross these "big name" online marketers, copy writers and so called gurus.   There are always something to learn from all of them. Some have really good stuff and know how to present it. Most of them have free stuff but a lot of stuff you have to buy.  This of course is the normal supply and demand system that everyone know.

What I am on about is what I like to call "Americanization" These are the material in the form of emails and presentations that have the following in common :   They cannot get to the point - 15 pages of junk including 20+  so -called "testamonials"  Marketing to right brainers like me you have to be able to tell your story in one or two pages and get to the punchline in those two pages if you want my attention.   Then they also have these "click here" links that require of you to register again using your email address so new junk and spam can be sent to you by their affiliates.   How corny can you get ?  Do people actually fall for this stuff ?  I don't.

I have not bought anything from any of these guys. "Money back guaranteed"   Yea right - Why would they guarantee your money back if the product is as good as they say.   "This will chance your life in 10 days - guaranteed"  Ok then send me an invoice in 10 days and I will pay you if my life was actually changed - that is putting your money where your mouth is.

Lately I have been getting quite a few of these emails from guys claiming to have the ultimate answer to your marketing questions.  The irony is that there are more free and good stuff on marketing on the internet that can boost your sales to a great extend if you only impliment some of it.  The question is then : Why pay for more if no real proof exist as to the effectiveness of these products -  Sorry guys - Testamonials does not do it for me - putting your money where mouth is does!

No comments: